During your First Inventory, you will do the following:
- Create / Manage your locations where stock is stored and counted
- Scan and submit counts for bottles in each location
- Save all locations and submit the inventory
1. Creating / Managing Locations
- Open the WISK app and tap on “Complete first inventory”
- You will then see a list of your locations. By default, WISK provides you with a Main Bar and Stock Room.
- You can create a new location by tapping the + button on the top right, or you can edit an existing location by swiping it to the left and tapping "Edit Location". You can also delete a location on the edit screen.
- When your locations are set up, you can tap a location to begin counting.
2. Counting Locations
- You can only have one user counting a location at a time. Click here to see how to create users.
- If the location doesn’t have an internet connection, enter the location in the app before you enter the physical space. You can scan and submit bottles offline.
- You can add additional locations if you need to create more by tapping the 3 dots on the top right of the screen.
When counting your locations, you will scan the barcodes on each of your bottles. While counting:
- Scan your bottles in a systematic fashion, top to bottom, left to right.
- Scan and submit what is in front of you. For example, if there is a partial bottle of Jameson 750ml, with a full one behind it, you would submit those together. If you had another 2 bottles of Jameson 750ml beside each-other farther down the bar, scan and submit them together. Don't try to add everything up, WISK will do that for you.
- As you scan bottles, they are added to your venue bottle list. If a bottle does not have a barcode, use the Search function, and tap "Add Bottle".
Inventory Use Cases
As you scan and submit counts, you will come across:
- Partial Bottles - Scale
- Partial Bottles - Visual Mode
- Full Bottles and Cases
- Bottles / Kegs with No Barcode
- Partial Beer Kegs
If you scan a bottle and some of the information appears incorrect, or you need to add a weight, please see these resources:
3. Saving Locations
When you have finished counting all of the bottles in a location:
- Tap the Summary Tab
- Tap Review Inventory Location
- Tap Save
- If finished counting all locations, tap Approve Venue Inventory / Submit Completed Inventory
- Tap Approve, the inventory has been submitted
After submitting the inventory, you'll be emailed a copy of your inventory report.
If you notice that you made a mistake during the inventory, you can edit a previous inventory to correct the count.