During your First Inventory, you will do the following:
- Create your locations where stock is stored and counted
- Scan and submit counts for bottles in each location
- Save all locations and submit the inventory
1. Creating Locations
- Open the WISK app and tap on “Start Inventory”
- Type in the names of your locations. A location is a physical area in your venue where inventory is stored (Main Bar, Stockroom, Wine Cellar etc.)
- When finished, Tap "Next". You can add more locations during the inventory.
2. Counting Locations
With your locations created, tap a location to begin counting.
- You can only have one user counting a location at a time. Click here to see how to create users.
- If the location doesn’t have an internet connection, enter the location in the app before you enter the physical space. You can scan and submit bottles offline.
- You can add additional locations if you need to create more by tapping the 3 dots on the top right of the screen.
When counting your locations, you will scan the barcodes on each of your bottles. While counting:
- Scan your bottles in a systematic fashion, top to bottom, left to right.
- Scan and submit what is in front of you. For example, if there is a partial bottle of Jameson 750ml, with a full one behind it, you would submit those together. If you had another 2 bottles of Jameson 750ml beside each-other farther down the bar, scan and submit them together. Don't try to add everything up, WISK will do that for you.
Inventory Use Cases
As you scan and submit counts, you will come across:
- Partial Bottles - Scale
- Partial Bottles - Visual Mode
- Full Bottles and Cases
- Bottles / Kegs with No Barcode
- Partial Beer Kegs
If you scan a bottle and some of the information appears incorrect, or you need to add a weight, please see these resources:
3. Saving Locations
When you have finished counting all of the bottles in a location:
- Tap the Summary Tab
- Tap Review Inventory Location
- Tap Save
- If finished counting all locations, tap Approve Venue Inventory / Submit Completed Inventory
- Tap Approve, the inventory has been submitted
After submitting the inventory, you'll be emailed a copy of your inventory report.
If you notice that you made a mistake during the inventory, you can edit a previous inventory to correct the count.