During your First Inventory, you will do the following:
- Create / Manage your areas where stock is stored and counted
- Scan barcodes of items to add them to your item list, and submit counts in each area
- Save all areas and submit the inventory
1. Creating / Managing Areas
- Open the WISK app and tap on “Complete first inventory”
- You will then see a list of your areas. By default, WISK provides you with a Main Bar and Stock Room.
- You can create a new area by tapping the + button on the top right, or you can edit an existing area by swiping it to the left and tapping "Edit Area". You can also delete an area on the edit screen.
- When your areas are set up, you can tap an area to begin counting.
2. Adding Items & Counting Areas
- You can only have one user counting an area at a time. Click here to see how to create users.
- If the area doesn’t have an internet connection, enter the area in the app before you enter the physical space. You can scan and submit bottles offline.
When counting your areas, you will scan the barcodes on each of your bottles. While counting:
- As you scan bottles, they are added to your venue item list. If a bottle does not have a barcode, use the Search function, and tap "Add Bottle".
- Scan your bottles in a systematic fashion, top to bottom, left to right.
- Scan and submit what is in front of you. For example, if there is a partial bottle of Jameson 750ml, with a full one behind it, you would submit those together. If you had another 2 bottles of Jameson 750ml beside each-other farther down the bar, scan and submit them together. Don't try to add everything up, WISK will do that for you.
Inventory Use Cases
As you scan and submit counts, you will come across:
- Partial Bottles - Scale
- Partial Bottles - Visual Mode
- Full Bottles and Cases
- Bottles / Kegs with No Barcode
- Partial Beer Kegs
If you scan a bottle and some of the information appears incorrect, or you need to add a weight, please see these resources:
3. Saving Areas
When you have finished counting all of the bottles in an area:
- Tap the Summary Tab
- Tap Review Inventory Area
- Tap Save
- If finished counting all areas, tap Approve Venue Inventory / Submit Completed Inventory
- Tap Approve, the inventory has been submitted
After submitting the inventory, you'll be emailed a copy of your inventory report.
If you notice that you made a mistake during the inventory, you can edit a previous inventory to correct the count.