You can add a family or category on the:
WISK Web Portal
To create a new item family:
1. On the Families and Categories page, click “New Family”
2. Enter the name of the item family, and click “Save”.
Note: You may also enter a target cost percentage for the family.
3. It now appears in your list of families, and you can add categories to it.
To add a category:
1. On the Families and Categories page, place your cursor over a family and click “Add Category”
2. Enter a title for the category. This is the only required field.
3. If you’d like to add a few more details, you can set:
- Partial measure preference - When an item in this category is called up during an inventory in the mobile app, it will display either the visual or scale/weight tab by default.
- Density - If using the scale, this value is used to determine how much remains in an item if there is a full weight on file. For example, a partial bottle of vodka. If this is left blank, the value defaults to 1g/ml. Learn more here.
- Target Cost - The target cost percentage for the category.
- Excluded from Variance - If this is checked, items in this category will be omitted from calculations related to inventory, etc. For example, if you’re inventorying something like flatware/glassware. You don’t want that to contribute to your inventory value and consumption costs.
4. When finished, click “Save”
5. The category then appears under the family, and can be assigned to your items
Adding a Category on the Items Page
You can also add a category on the fly when assigning it to an item:
- On the Items page, click into the “Category” field and type the name of the category you wish to add. Click the “+” button.
2. The “New Category” window opens with the title already populated. Follow the steps outlined above to create the new category.
Adding a Family / Category from Item Upload
If you’re uploading a list of items to your account, you can use the preset families and categories in the template, or type in new ones.
When the file is uploaded, it will create the new families and categories automatically. Learn more here:
To add an item family on the mobile app:
1. On the Families & Categories screen, tap the “+” button
2. Enter the name of the item family, and tap “Save”
3. It now appears in your venue’s list of Families
To add a category:
1. Tap the “+” button beside a Family
2. Enter the name of the category, and select your partial unit preference for items of this category. This is what displays by default when the item is called up during inventory. Tap “Save”
3. The category then appears under the family, and can be assigned to your items