You’ll add most of your items to your venue when taking your first inventory in the mobile app by scanning their barcodes. Any items that don’t have a barcode are added manually. After your first inventory, any new items added to your venue should be from an invoice. You can learn more about adding items in these contexts here:
While this is the best practice, especially for items that have barcodes, you can create items at any time on the WISK Web Portal and mobile app.
Note: If you have a large number of items that don’t have a barcode, you can upload these items to your account via a template to save time. Please see the “Uploading Items to Your Venue” section at the end of this article for more information.
To add an item in the WISK mobile app:
1. Tap the “Items” button on the bottom menu bar
2. Tap the “+” button on the top right of the screen
3. Select your method of adding the item from either “With Barcode” or “No Barcode”
If you select “With Barcode”, you are taken to the barcode scanner. You can scan the barcode of the item or type it.
It will search the WISK database and add the item if there is a match. If there is no match, you can search the online database or add it manually (see the No Barcode section below). It will then appear in your venue’s list of items.
If the item doesn’t have a barcode, you’ll have to add the item details manually. In order to create an item, you’ll need to fill in the required fields:
- Unit of Measurement
1. Enter the title of the item
2. Tap “Unit of Measurement”
3. On the pop-up, tap “Unit of Measurement”
4. Select the unit of measurement type. In this example, we’re adding a 750ml bottle of wine and will select “Milliliter” as the unit of measurement.
5. Enter the quantity of the unit of measurement (in this example, 750). You can also add the case size at this time if applicable.
6. Tap “Done”
7. Tap “Category”
8. Use the search or scroll through the list of categories. Tap a category to assign it to the item.
9. At this time, you have filled out the required fields. You can add additional data (cost, weights, add a photo etc.) by tapping into a field. When finished, tap “Save”
10. The item now appears in your venue’s list of items.
WISK Web Portal
To create an item on the WISK Web Portal:
1. Click Items > Items on the left menu bar
2. Click Actions > Create new item
3. Type the name of the item you want to add.
Adding From Search
When you type the name of the item, it displays search results from the WISK database. If you find a match, you can click a result to populate the item details automatically.
You can then review/add additional item details, and click “Save” to add it to your venue.
If there isn’t a match, or you don’t want to use an existing item, you’ll have to add the item details manually. To create an item, you’ll need to fill in the required fields:
1. After adding the title, click the Edit button (pencil icon) beside the “Measurement” field.
2. Click the “Unit of measurement” drop-down menu
3. Click a unit of measurement from the list to assign it to the item.
4. Add the quantity, then click “Save”
5. Click the “Category” drop-down menu.
6. Type the category name to search or scroll through the list of categories. Click a category to assign it to the item.
7. At this point, you have filled out the required fields. You can add additional data (cost, weights, add a photo, etc.) by clicking into a field. When finished, click “Save”
8. The item now appears in your venue’s list of items.
Uploading Items to your Venue
If you need to add a large number of items that don’t have a barcode, you can upload items using the template we provide. You can learn more about this here: