You’ll add most of your items to your venue during your initial setup. This differs depending on whether it's a Food or Beverage account.
For Beverage, you'll add items when taking your first inventory in the mobile app:
For Food, you'll add your items prior to your first inventory, by uploading a spreadsheet of your items, or integrating with your distributors:
After adding your initial items, in most cases, you'll add new items when entering an invoice.
While this is the best practice, you can create items at any time on the WISK Web Portal and mobile app.
Note: If you need to add a large number of items, you can upload them using the template we provide. You can learn more about this here:
To add an item in the WISK mobile app:
1. Tap the “Items” button on the bottom menu bar
2. Tap the “+” button on the top right of the screen
3. Select your method of adding the item from either “With Barcode” or “No Barcode”
If you select “With Barcode”, you are taken to the barcode scanner. You can scan the barcode of the item or type it.
It will search the WISK database and add the item if there is a match. If there is no match, you can search the online database or add it manually (see the No Barcode section below). It will then appear in your venue’s list of items.
If the item doesn’t have a barcode, you’ll have to add the item details manually. In order to create an item, you’ll need to fill in the required fields:
- Unit of Measurement
1. Enter the title of the item
2. Tap “Unit of Measurement”
3. On the pop-up, tap “Unit of Measurement”
4. Select the unit of measurement type. In this example, we’re adding a 750ml bottle of wine and will select “Milliliter” as the unit of measurement.
5. Enter the quantity of the unit of measurement (in this example, 750). You can also add the case size at this time if applicable.
6. Tap “Done”
7. Tap “Category”
8. Use the search or scroll through the list of categories. Tap a category to assign it to the item.
9. At this time, you have filled out the required fields. You can add additional data (cost, weights, add a photo etc.) by tapping into a field. When finished, tap “Save”
10. The item now appears in your venue’s list of items.
WISK Web Portal
To create an item on the WISK Web Portal:
1. Click Items > Items on the left menu bar
2. Click Actions > Create new item
3. Type the name of the item you want to add.
Adding From Search
When you type the name of the item, it displays search results from the WISK database. If you find a match, you can click a result to populate the item details automatically.
You can then review/add additional item details, and click “Save” to add it to your venue.
If there isn’t a match, or you don’t want to use an existing item, you’ll have to add the item details manually. To create an item, you’ll need to fill in the required fields:
- Unit of Measurement
1. After adding the title, click the “Unit of measurement” drop-down menu
2. Click a unit of measurement from the list to assign it to the item.
3. Add the quantity.
4. Click the “Category” drop-down menu.
5. Type the category name to search or scroll through the list of categories. Click a category to assign it to the item.
6. At this point, you have filled out the required fields. You can add additional data (cost, weights, add a photo, etc.) by scrolling down and clicking into a field. When finished, click “Save”
7. The item now appears in your venue’s list of items.