Whenever you receive new stock, you need to add the invoice to your WISK account. If you didn’t generate the purchase order in WISK, you need to add the invoice for it manually.
This article covers the following topics:
Step 1 - Adding the Invoice
To add the invoice:
1. Tap "Orders" on the bottom menu bar
2. Tap "Add Invoices"
❗Note: If you don’t have time to fill in the invoice details and items received, you can tap “Scan Invoice”. You’ll take photos of the invoice and upload them to your account. This creates a placeholder invoice on the WISK Web Portal where you can add the items later. To learn more, please see “Scanning Invoices”
3. Tap "Add manual invoice"
4. Tap the Distributor that the invoice is from
❗Note: If you don’t see the distributor for the invoice, tap the three dots at the top of the screen to add them. If you haven't added any distributors yet, you can learn more about it here:
Step 2 - Fill in Invoice Details
Before you add the items on the invoice, you’ll add the details about when and where it was received, the invoice total, and photos of each page.
1. Tap the “Date” drop-down to select the date and time. It auto-populates with the current date and time by default. The time should reflect when the items from the invoice were unboxed and placed with your other stock.
2. Under "Area", drag horizontally and tap an area to select where the items from the invoice were added. If items were put into multiple areas, select the most applicable one.
3. As an optional step, you can enter the invoice number and total. The invoice total should reflect all charges, taxes, etc.
4. Tap "Continue"
5. You are then prompted to take a clear photo of each page of the invoice. This creates a digital record of the invoice that you can view in your account.
6. After taking a clear photo of each page, tap the “Done” button.
Step 3 - Scanning and Adding Items
Now that you’ve added the invoice details, it’s time to start adding the items on the invoice. For each item on the invoice, you’ll add the amount, and the cost.
Adding an Item
To add an item to the invoice, you can use the:
Search bar/scroll through your list of items by category
Barcode Scanner (if the item has a barcode)
If the item isn't already in your venue's list of items, you can add it by either:
scanning the barcode on the item (if applicable)
tapping "Search/Add" and tapping "Add item" or searching the online database
To learn more, please see "Adding an Item to Your Venue"
1. After finding the item, enter the amount on the invoice by tapping the "+" button beside cases and/or individual units
If it’s a larger number, you can tap the number under cases or full units and type an amount, then tap “Done”.
❗Note: If you haven’t set a case size for the item, you can tap “Set case size” to add one.
2. After adding the amount, it displays on the “Confirm” button at the bottom of the screen.
Partial Units (Weight-Based)
In some cases, you may need to add partial units.
It’s uncommon to receive partial volume-based items, but there are weight-based items where you’ll need to add a partial amount. For example, any meat or seafood that you purchase by the pound or kilogram.
To add a partial weight-based unit:
1. Tap “Add partial”
2. You can enter the amount using either the “Visual” mode, or entering the weight (either manually or placing it on the scale). If selecting weight, you’ll select the unit of measurement and then either place the item on the supported Bluetooth scale, or tap “0” to enter the value manually.
3. If entering the amount manually, tap “Done” after entering the value.
4. After entering the amount, tap “Confirm”
5. The partial value displays on the Confirmation button.
❗Note: If you selected a different unit of measurement than the one assigned to the item, it is converted. For example, if the item's unit of measurement is in pounds, but you add a partial amount in grams, it is converted to pounds.
After adding the item and the amount, before tapping “Confirm”, verify that the cost of the item matches the invoice. If it matches the invoice, you can tap “Confirm”.
❗Note: In most cases, the cost that displays for an item will be the value from the previous invoice.
If the cost doesn’t match the invoice, you’ll need to update it.
1. Before adjusting the cost, make sure that it is set to the correct format. Either cost/unit or cost/case
❗Note: Make sure you have selected the correct cost method. If you accidentally put the cost per case as the cost per unit, you will see your inventory value increase significantly.
2. Tap the “Price” field and enter the updated value and tap “Done”
❗Note: This value should be the list price from the distributor before taxes.
3. If there are any discounts on the item, tap the “Discount” field. The discount will either be by the unit or case, depending on the format that you selected earlier. Tap “Done” after entering the discount amount.
4. After updating the cost and adding any applicable discounts, tap “Confirm”
Step 4 - Reviewing and Submitting the Invoice
After adding all of the items on the invoice, you’ll have the opportunity to review everything before submitting it.
1. Tap "Proceed to current scans"
2. On the Invoice Summary screen you can:
Adjust item counts by tapping the “+” or “-” buttons.
Tap an item to update the cost
Remove an item by swiping it to the left and tapping “Delete”
3. At the bottom of the screen, it displays the number of unique items in the invoice, the total units, and the total $ value.
❗Note: This is the pre-tax value and doesn’t include taxes or any additional charges / fees. You can add any additional charges or credits by tapping the "Charges & Credits tab" to get the invoice total to match. Learn more:
4. After finishing your review, tap “Submit Invoice”
5. Tap “Confirm”. You are then prompted if you want to send a confirmation email, which will go to the designated recipients on your team. Learn more:
6. The items from the invoice are then added to your inventory.