As part of WISK Food’s features, you can now select weight or full units under measurement options for your items. Before, you could only select a volume-based unit of measurement.
There are some slight changes to the way inventory is taken if using one of the new methods of measurement.
Mobile App Inventory
If taking inventory in the mobile app, there are a few ways to call up the item to be counted:
Search bar/scrolling through your list of items by category
Barcode Scanner (if applicable, some items may not have barcodes)
As a reminder, items with the units measurement type are best suited for things that don’t require a weight or volume, and are measured whole. This will vary depending on how your venue decides to track certain items, but some examples include:
Fruit (lemons, limes, oranges, etc.)
Cutlery / Dishware
Souvenirs (Apparel, etc.)
To count items with the “units” measurement type:
1. Call up the item using your preferred method (Search bar, barcode scanner)
Note: If you use the “View by item categories” view, you can use the “+” button to add the number and swipe it to the right to submit. You can only do this for individual units, not cases.
2. Tap the “+” button beside either the units or cases field or tap the number to enter an amount
3. Tap “Confirm”. The items are added to the inventory summary.
When you create a weight-based item, you’ll designate the size of the item if applicable. In this example, we’ll be using a 5lb bag of onions. However, if you’re tracking something that does not come in a predefined size (meat products, etc.) you can set it to be 1kg or 1lb, whichever you purchase it as.
To count items with a weight-based measurement type:
1. If the item comes in a sealed package, you can submit counts of full units or cases
2. If you have a partial unit, you can use the Visual method to estimate how much remains by selecting a percentage.
3. If you have access to a scale, you can tap “Weight” to enter the weight of the partial item. Tap the unit of measurement type to select how you will enter it.
4. Select from Grams, Kilograms, Pound (lb), or Dry Ounce.
Note: If you select a unit of measurement different than the default unit of measurement for the item, it will remember that selection the next time you count the same item in the same area.
5. After selecting the unit of measurement, you can either enter a weight manually or place the item on the supported Bluetooth scale.
To enter a value manually, tap into the field beside the unit of measurement.
Type the value and tap “Confirm” to submit.
Note: In this example, we counted 2 full bags of 5lb onions (unopened) and then 2lbs from an open bag. The 2lbs of onions are converted to 0.4 of a 5lb bag on onions, for a total of 2.4 units.
If using the scale, the interface updates when it detects the supported Bluetooth scale.
Place the item on the scale, and it will convert the value in grams to the selected unit of measurement. Tap “Confirm” to submit.
Note: The weight capacities of the supported models of Bluetooth scale range between 5kg / 11 lbs and 6kg / 13 lbs. Don’t place anything on the scale that exceeds the capacity. If you have heavier items, we recommend you weigh them on a scale that can support them, and then enter the value manually.
6. After tapping “Confirm”, the item is added to the area summary.