Whenever you receive new stock, you need to add the invoice to your WISK account. If you didn’t generate the purchase order in WISK, you need to add the invoice for it manually.
In this article, we’ll go over how to add the invoice on the WISK Web Portal.
This article covers the following topics:
Step 1 - Add the Invoice
1. On the WISK Web Portal, Click “Orders” then “Invoices / Returns”.
2. Click “Actions” and under “New”, click Invoice.
Step 2 - Add Invoice Details
Before you add the items to the invoice, you’ll add details about the distributor, when and where it was received, the invoice total, and photos of each page of the invoice.
1. Select the distributor you’re receiving the invoice from by clicking the drop-down menu
Note: If you don’t see the distributor the invoice is from in the list, scroll down to the bottom and click “New Distributor”
2 Select an area where the items from the invoice are being added. If items are being put into multiple areas, select the most applicable one.
3. As an optional step, you can enter the invoice number and total. The invoice total should reflect all charges, taxes, etc.
4. Make sure that the date and time reflect when the items in the invoice were placed with the rest of your stock. By default, it populates with the current date and time, but if you need to change it, click the date field.
5. If you have images or a pdf of the invoice, you can click “Add images / pdf” to attach them. Attached files can be viewed side-by-side with the invoice when adding items.
6. When finished adding the invoice details, click Save.
The invoice is now created and you can add items to it.
Step 3 - Adding Items
Now that you’ve added the invoice details, it’s time to start adding the items on the invoice. For each item on the invoice, you’ll add the amount, and the cost.
Adding an Item
1. In the “Add Item” field, type the name of the item you’re adding to the invoice.
2. You’ll see any matches from your existing item list, and you can click an item to add it.
If the item isn’t already on your venue item list, you can click “Create new item” to add it.
When typing the name of the item in the “Title” field, it will search the WISK database to find a match. If it's still not there, you can fill in the item details manually. Learn more here:
After you’ve selected the item, you’ll add the quantity on the invoice.
In the “Measurement” field you’ll select whether you’re adding individual units, cases (if a case size has been designated), or a manual value.
Units / Cases
Enter the quantity of units / cases received. This value can be entered in whole or decimal numbers (if adding a partial unit/case).
It’s uncommon to receive partial volume-based items, but there are weight-based items where you’ll need to add a partial amount. For example, any meat or seafood that you purchase by the pound or kilogram.
In the example below, we’ve added Ground Beef that is purchased by the pound. The amount we received isn’t a whole number, and have entered it as 5.56 units (lbs).
The manual measurement option is used when you need to enter the amount received of an item on the invoice in a different unit of measurement.
For example, you normally inventory an item in pounds, but it is in kilograms on the invoice.
After selecting “manual”, you’ll choose the unit of measurement and enter the quantity.
Note: It will only show units of measurement that are the same type as the item’s normal measurement unit (weight or volume).
After adding the quantity of the item, check that the cost matches the invoice. It will automatically populate with the amount from the last invoice.
If the cost is the same, click “Add” to add the item to the invoice.
If the cost doesn’t match the invoice, you’ll need to update it.
1. Before adjusting the cost, make sure that it is set to the correct cost format. It should automatically be set to the selected measurement.
2. Click the “Price” field and enter the updated cost.
3. If there are any discounts, you can enter them into the discount field. The discount is based on the unit of measurement in the “Price per” field.
4. Click the "Add" button to add the item to the invoice.
5. The item is added to the invoice, and the total updates. Add the rest of the items on the invoice.
Note: The invoice saves automatically whenever an item is added or removed
Step 4 - Reviewing & Submitting the Invoice
After adding all of the items on the invoice, you’ll have the opportunity to review everything before submitting it.
Editing the Quantity / Price of an Item
To edit the quantity or price of an item you’ve already added to the invoice, hover your cursor over the item and click the pencil icon in the field you want to change.
Removing an Item
If you need to remove an item from the invoice, hover your cursor over the item and click the blue arrow, then “Remove”.
Adding Additional Charges or Credits
If you entered an invoice total, you may see a message about the invoice total and the value of the items not matching.
Note: You can enter the invoice total at any time if you didn’t add it in the “ Add Invoice Details” step.
At this point, you can add any additional charges or credits (taxes, delivery fees etc.) to the invoice. When they match, the message will disappear.
You can learn more about charges and credits here:
Finalizing the Invoice
Once you have added all of the items, reviewed the quantity and costs, and added any applicable charges and credits, the invoice is complete.
1. Click the X button on the top right to close the invoice.
2. You are then prompted if you want to send a confirmation email, which goes to the designated recipients on your team. Learn more:
3. The items from the invoice are then added to your inventory.
Confirmation Email Example