Item variations allow you to have multiple versions of an inventory item.
This could be because it can be ordered in different formats/sizes, or purchased from more than one distributor / supplier.
To learn more about item variations, please see:
There are 3 ways to create an item variation:
From an existing item
When adding an invoice
Grouping existing inventory items together to make them variations
From an Existing Item
Note: Currently, this feature is only available on the WISK Web Portal.
To add a variation from an existing item:
1. Hover your cursor over the item on the WISK Web Portal and click the “Edit” button (the pencil icon)
2. Click the “Item Variations” drop-down menu
3. Click “Create new item variation”
Note: “Clone this item variation” creates an exact copy of the variation. This is useful if most of the details are the same, except for something like the distributor. For more information, please see:
4. Fill in the item variation details. The only required field is the item measurement. When adding a title, it should be a short description of what makes it distinct from the other variation (this could be in regards to the case size, item size, or the distributor name if different).
5. Click “Save”
Note: If the title is left blank, it will populate with the item measurement after clicking “Save”
6. The item variation now appears, and you can click it to edit or add information.
Adding an Invoice
Just like when adding new items to your venue after your initial setup, the majority of the time you’ll be adding new item variations from invoices.
You may order an item in a specific format from one of your suppliers, but they’ll send you a different size because of low or no stock.
Note: Item variations can only be created on invoices that are added to the WISK Web Portal at this time.
Manual Invoice or Purchase Order (Web)
Whether you’re adding a manual invoice on the WISK Web Portal, or have converted a purchase order into an invoice, the process to add an item variation is the same.
To create an item variation on an invoice:
1. Click the “New” button beside the “Add Item” field, and select “Item Variation”
2. Type the name of the item that you want to create a new item variation for, and click the matching search result
3. Give the variation a title that describes the format, and set the item measurement size. Then click “Save”.
4. The variation is created, and you can add the amount received and the cost. Then click “Add”
5. The new item variation is added to the invoice. The amount added on the invoice is converted into the default item variation measurement.
Note: If you’re adding an invoice from a purchase order, you’ll want to remove the item that you originally ordered if you didn’t receive any of it so you can replace it with the new variation. Just click the blue arrow beside the item, and “Remove”.
If you scanned or emailed an invoice and uploaded it to your account, or had an invoice imported directly into your account via a supplier integration, you can add the item variation when reviewing the draft invoice.
For more information, please see:
If you already have items that could be item variations as separate items in your venue, you can group them together under one item.
When you group items, you determine the default item, and then the others are added as variations to the default.
For more information, please see: