If you have multiple venues in WISK and need to be transfer stock between them, you must first mark them as Partner Venues. Learn how to set up Partner Venues here:
Note: You must have the Admin role in all venues that you want to set as Partner Venues.
When the venues are linked, you can use the “Transfer to Partner Venue” feature to move stock between them.
Note: This can also be done during your initial account setup if you have multiple venues with a shared stockroom. Learn more here:
When you transfer stock between your venues:
The stock is removed from the source venue
A draft invoice is created in the destination venue
The draft invoice must be approved in the destination venue’s account to complete the transfer
The draft invoice gives you an opportunity to review what is going into the destination venue before the stock is affected. You can create new items, or link items in the transfer to existing items. The purpose of this is to reduce the chance of creating duplicate items and keep your item data clean.
Note: If you want to transfer stock within a venue, please see the Transfers section of our Help Site.
Creating a Transfer to a Partner Venue
Note: At this time, transferring stock between venues is only available on the WISK Web Portal.
To transfer stock between venues:
1. Make sure you are currently in the venue that you want to transfer stock out from
2. Click Orders > Invoices / Returns
3. Click “Actions”, then “Transfer to Partner Venue”
4. In the “Select Distributor” field, type “Linked” to see your list of linked venues and select the venue that will be receiving the transferred items.
Note: If you don’t see your other venues appearing as “Linked with” please reach out to email@example.com to request to link your venues.
5. Click “Save” to create the transfer
Add Items & Send Transfer to Partner Venue
Next, you’ll add the items that are being transferred out from your current venue to the destination venue. You can transfer full units, cases, and even custom partial values.
Note: Before adding items, make sure that the date and time reflects the time that the items were taken out of the venue. If you need to change the date / time, click into the “Date” field.
1. Click into the “Add Item” field and start typing the name of an item that you want to transfer
2. Click the matching search result to select an item
3. After selecting the item, select whether you’re transferring full units, cases, or a custom amount. After entering the amount, click the “Add” button.
4. Continue to add items to the transfer as needed
5. After adding all of your items, click “Send transfer out”
6. Click “OK” on the confirmation screen
7. The transferred items are removed from the current venue’s stock, and a draft invoice is created in the receiving venue.
Note: Make sure you have access to the receiving venue, or communicate with your colleagues that you are transferring stock to their venue.
View Draft Invoice in Receiving Venue
To complete the transfer, you must switch to the receiving venue and approve the draft invoice.
To view the draft invoice:
1. Switch your venue by clicking the current venue name on the top-left of the screen
2. On the window that appears, click the name of the venue that received the transfer out
3. Click "Draft Invoices" on the left-hand side menu bar.
4. You’ll then see the transfer from the other venue. Click the details button to open the draft invoice to review it.
Reviewing the Draft Invoice
When you open the draft invoice, you’ll see each item that is being transferred into the venue.
For each item, it will either be recognized as a match with something in the receiving venue's item list, or will be highlighted in red and require action.
If a transferred item has a match in the receiving venue, no action is required.
Note: If the venues you are transferring between have a Shared Item list, the items will always match. In that case, please proceed to “Converting the Draft Invoice”.
To learn more about Shared Items, please see:
Sometimes a transferred item isn’t found in the receiving venue, and needs to be addressed before the transfer can be finalized.
You’ll either need to create a new item, new item variation, or map/link the transferred item to an existing item in the receiving venue. The purpose of this is to reduce the chance of creating a duplicate item, and keep your item data clean.
Note: You can filter the items to only show the items that need to be addressed.
At the top of the page, you’ll see that the “Convert to invoice” button is greyed out until all items that require action are dealt with.
Item Not in Venue
If a transferred item isn’t already on the item list of the receiving venue (it doesn’t appear when you type the name in the “Title / Search” field), you’ll need to add it:
1. Click the “paste” button beside the item name
2. Click “Actions”, then “Create new item”
3. The item is added to the venue’s item list, and is no longer highlighted in red
New Item Variation
Sometimes you may transfer an item from one venue to another that is the same, but it’s in a different measurement size. For example, you transfer a 750ml bottle to a venue that normally uses a 1L bottle of the item, or it’s a 2lb bag instead of a 5lb bag.
These items are interchangeable (used in all the same menu items), so instead of creating a new item, you’ll create a new item variation. This way you’re adding the different measurement size to the existing item and any POS Item or Batch recipes are unaffected.
For more information on Item Variations, please see:
We’ll go through an example where we transferred a 1L bottle of an item, but the receiving venue normally carries a 1.14L bottle.
To create a new item variation:
1. Click the “Actions” button beside the item
2. Click “Create new item variation”
3. Type the name of the existing item in the venue that received the transfer and click the matching result to select it. In this example, we’ll find the 1.14L bottle of Bombay Sapphire.
4. On the “Item Variation” window, give the item an appropriate title that describes the variation, and check that the item size is accurate. If you need to make changes you can edit the value or measurement type. When finished, click “Save”
5. The item variation has been added, and the item is no longer highlighted in red
Link with Existing Item
In some cases, you may transfer an item that exists in both venues, but it isn’t being recognized as a match. This is likely due to the items having a different WISK ID, which is a behind the scenes value that is assigned to items.
In that case, all you need to do is link or “map” the item to its equivalent in the receiving venue.
To link an item:
1. Check the name of the unrecognized item. In this example, a 750ml of Grey Goose wasn’t recognized in the receiving venue.
2. Type the item name into the “Title / Search” field and click the matching result
3. The item has now been linked to the existing item, and is no longer highlighted in red.
Converting the Draft Invoice
When there are no longer any items requiring attention, you can finalize the transfer by converting it into an invoice.
To convert the invoice:
1. Click “Convert to invoice”
Note: This button will be greyed out if there are still items requiring attention.
2. Click “OK” on the confirmation pop-up
3. The transfer now appears under the venue’s Invoices. To see more information, click the details button.