When setting up the areas in your venue, it’s best to be as specific as possible.
For example, if you have a Main Bar that has a Bar Wall, Beer Fridges and a Wine Rack, you may want to create those as separate areas:
Main Bar - Wall
Main Bar - Beer Fridges
Main Bar - Wine Rack
If you’re looking for an extra step of division to help you while taking an inventory count, you can use the Shelf feature.
While called a Shelf, it can track any smaller segment within an area. For example, if you’re counting a bar wall and there are multiple shelves, or a storage area and there are several storage racks.
You can count items on a specific “Shelf” in an area to help you keep track of your progress. This way when reviewing the count, you can look at the specific segment instead of the full area.
For example, in the image below, we have a bar wall with 3 distinct shelves.
When counting, we would start with Shelf 1 and work our way from left to right. When Shelf 1 is completed, we’d switch to Shelf 2 and continue the process. You’ll see a summary for each shelf with the total amount of cases, full, and partial units for all items.
This is an optional and flexible feature that you can adapt to the setup/layout of your venue to improve the accuracy of your count. Currently, you can have up to 40 “Shelves” in an area.
Note: This feature is only meant to help you keep track of your progress during the inventory count. Shelves won’t appear in your inventory report after submitting the inventory.
Using Shelves During Inventory
1. Before counting anything, tap “Proceed to Current Scans”
2. Tap “By shelf”
3. You’ll see a shelf indicator appear, showing the active shelf. You can count items as usual (either by scanning barcodes, using the list, or searching). When you count an item, it appears on the active shelf (in this example, Shelf 1)
4. After counting all of the items on the shelf, tap “Proceed to current scans”.
5. You’ll see all of the items scanned in the area overall. To see the scans for the specific shelf, tap “By shelf”
6. It shows the active shelf, and provides a summary of everything counted on that shelf at the bottom of the screen, including cases, full units, and partial units. You can scroll through to review, and update counts or remove items like normal.
Switching Between Shelves
1. To switch your active shelf, tap the “Shelf” drop-down menu.
2. Tap another shelf on the list to make it the active shelf.
Note: The number of shelves currently goes up to 40. Use as many as required.
3. The selected shelf is now the active shelf and you can start counting.
As you complete counts on shelves, you’ll see the summary for each shelf when you switch between them.
To review a shelf, just tap onto a specific shelf to see all submitted items in the order they were counted.
Use as many shelves as needed, and when finished counting the whole area, tap “Review area inventory” to save the area like usual.