If you’re weighing volume-based items using the supported Bluetooth scale, and have spouts attached to bottles, you may want to use the Spouts feature to get a more accurate measurement.
You can add the spouts in your venue and set their weights. When a bottle is called up during inventory, and placed on the scale, you can toggle a spout on. This subtracts the weight of the spout from the reading on the scale, and updates the amount remaining in the bottle.
Before using spouts, there are a few things to consider:
- Full weights for bottles in the WISK database are from unopened products with the cap on. Every bottle design is different and cap weights will vary depending on what they’re made of.
- You’ll want to use the Spouts feature if a spout weighs more than the cap. This is usually if the spout is made of metal.
- If you’re using a plastic spout that only weighs a few grams, it may be roughly the same weight of the cap. In that case, you don’t need to use the Spouts feature.
You can create spouts for your venue in the WISK Mobile App. To create a spout:
1. Tap the "More" button on the bottom menu bar
2. Tap “Venue settings”
3. Tap “Spouts”
4. Tap “Add spout” if you haven’t added any spouts yet. Otherwise, tap the “+” button.
5. Fill out the required fields (Title, Weight, and Image). You can take a picture of the spout, or upload one.
6. After adding the required information, tap “Save”
7. The spout is added to your venue and can be applied to a bottle when taking an inventory count.
Note: The Spouts feature is only available on the WISK Mobile App at this time.
To add a spout to a bottle that has been called up during inventory:
1. Place the bottle on the scale. The measurement that displays (0.92 units) doesn’t reflect the true value remaining because the spout hasn’t been applied yet. Tap “Select Spout”.
2. Select the spout that you want to apply to the bottle
Note: You can also create a spout at this time by tapping “Add spout”.
3. The amount remaining in the item recalculates based on the weight of the spout. In this example, we had 0.92 of a bottle remaining, but with the spout applied, it is actually 0.85 of a bottle. Tap the “Confirm” button.
4. When you review the area summary, it displays that the amount remaining includes a spout.
If you have already taken an inventory and used spouts on some of your items, you’ll see this on the “List” view when you next take an inventory.
To take a new measurement:
1. Tap the item in the list
2. The spout is already applied to the item. Place the item on the scale.
Note: If the spout is no longer on the bottle, you can tap the current spout and set it to “No spout”
3. The amount remaining in the bottle includes the spout. Tap “Confirm”.