The “Scan Invoice” feature allows you to snap a picture of an invoice using the mobile app, and then input the details on the WISK Web Portal at a later time.
This is best used when you receive a delivery or purchase product and didn’t generate the order in WISK. You may not have the time to enter all the details at the time it is received.
When you scan the invoice, it creates an invoice in WISK with the current timestamp. You can then go back and fill out the information using the pictures you took earlier.
Note: If you generated the order in WISK, you shouldn’t use the “Scan Invoice” feature, but instead convert the purchase order into an invoice when it is received. For more information, please see:
How to Scan an Invoice
To scan an invoice in the mobile app:
1. Tap “Orders” on the bottom menu bar
2. Tap “Scan invoice”
3. Tap the distributor the invoice is from
4. Tap the “Scan” button to open the camera on your device
5. Follow the prompt on the screen to position your camera so that the invoice page is in the frame
6. You’ll see a visual indicator when the camera detects an invoice page. Hold the camera still and it will take a picture automatically
7. The photo then displays for you to review. If the image appears blurry, you can tap “Retake” on the top-right corner to take another photo. If it looks good, tap “Done”.
8. If the invoice has multiple pages, scan each of them. When finished, tap “Save”
9. You’ll see a summary of all the photos you’ve taken. You can tap a photo to view it, or delete it by swiping it to the left and tapping “Delete”. When you are done, tap “Submit”.
10. The blank invoice is created, and the data can be added at a later time.
Entering the Invoice Details
After you have scanned the invoice, you can fill out the information on the WISK Web Portal. To add the invoice details:
1. Click “Invoices / Returns” under “Orders”
2. You’ll see an empty invoice with the date and time that you submitted the photos in the mobile app. Tap the “...” in the details column to open the invoice.
3. Click “Images” to view the photos that you took of the invoice. We recommend the “Side by side” view so that you can refer to the image while inputting the invoice data.
4. Working from the invoice photos, you can add the items as they appear on the invoice.
For more information on adding the invoice details, please see: