WISK uses a two-level categorization system (Families and Categories) to group items in your venue.
Depending on whether you’re using WISK Restaurant or WISK Bar, you’ll have different Families and Categories in your venue by default.
Family is the parent group, and Category is the subgroup. For example, Wine is a family, and some of its categories include:
Champagne & Sparkling
Families and Categories are important because they determine how your items are organized for inventory reporting, consumption/variance, and ordering.
Can I Change my Families & Categories?
Yes! By default, WISK has preset families and categories, but you can add, edit, and delete as needed to set up what works best for your venue.
It’s fully customizable and can be tailored exactly as you’d like.
Learn more here:
Viewing Families and Categories
You can see the current list of Families and Categories in your venue on the:
WISK Web Portal
To view your families and categories on the WISK Web Portal:
1. Click “Items”, then “Families & Categories”
2. You’ll see a list of all the item families in your venue
3. Click a family to expand it to view the categories
To view your families and categories on the mobile app:
1. Tap “More” on the bottom menu bar
2. Tap “Venue Settings”
3. Tap “Families & categories”
4. You’ll then see all the existing Families and Categories for the venue