By using the “Clone” function, you can create a copy of an item in your venue. You only need to do this if you have two items that are very similar, but need to be inventoried separately.
For example, you have a wine that has a 2018 and 2019 vintage. The barcodes on the bottles are the same, but you sell them as separate items in your POS. In this case, they would need to be inventoried separately to track consumption and sales accurately.
When you clone an item, it creates a new item that is an exact copy, and you can edit the title and any other details as needed.
You can clone items on both the WISK mobile app and WISK Web Portal.
WISK Mobile App
To clone an item on the WISK mobile app:
1. Tap the “Items” tab on the bottom menu bar
2. Find the item you want to copy and swipe it to the left
3. Tap “Clone”
4. The clone of the item is created and has “CLONED” in the title.
Editing the Cloned Item
After creating the clone, you’ll want to update the title and any other details if necessary:
1. Swipe the cloned item to the left and tap “Edit”
2. Edit the title and adjust any other details if necessary. Tap “Save”
3. The item is updated, and you can now count it when taking inventory.
WISK Web Portal
To clone an item on the WISK Web Portal:
1. Click Items > Items on the left menu bar
2. Place your cursor over the item you want to clone and either:
a. Click on the arrow and then “Clone” or
b. Click the edit button, then Actions > Clone
3. In the “New Item” window, the item name appears with “(clone)” beside it. Edit the title and adjust any other details if necessary.
4. Click “Save” when you are finished.
5. The item is created, and can now be counted when taking inventory
Counting the Cloned Item
When taking inventory, you can scan the barcode of the cloned item, or use the Search function. If the cloned item has the same barcode as the source item, you’ll see multiple matches, and can tap the item you wish to count.