About Custom Fields
Custom fields are a flexible tool that allows you to add custom data to your items. A few examples include tasting notes, tags, and expiration dates, but the possibilities are limitless.
You can create columns for anything that is not in WISK by default. This allows you to add fields for anything unique to your venue, without the need for extra development.
Custom fields don’t interact with any of the behind the scenes calculations in your account (consumption, recipe costing, etc.), but are great for searching, sorting, and filtering your data.
The amount of custom fields you can create depends on your subscription plan:
- Essentials - 1 Custom Field
- Plus - 3 Custom Fields
- Advanced - 10 Custom Fields
- Enterprise - Unlimited Custom Fields
Creating a Custom Field
You can create custom fields for both your WISK Items and POS Items. To create a custom field:
1. Go to either Items > Items or Sales > POS Items on the WISK Web Portal
2.Click Actions > Add custom field
3. Give the field a name, and select the field type. Depending on the field type, you may need to enter additional information. Please see the “Field Types” section farther down the page for more details.
4. Click “Save”
5. The custom field is added to your venue. To view it, click “Columns” then click the checkbox beside the custom field name.
6. With the field visible, click it for an item to add a value.
You can create custom fields of the following types:
- Small Text - Displays one line of text. Good for short descriptions.
- Large Text - For larger strings of text, you can adjust the size of the text box and scroll through the contents. It displays multiple lines of text.
- Checkmark - Can use a check box to indicate a true or false attribute. You can use the filtering options to show checked or unchecked items.
- Drop Down - Select a value from a defined list. When creating the field, you’ll set the values, and can always edit the field to add more.
- Round Number - For positive or negative round numbers.
- Decimal Number - For decimal numbers. When creating the field you’ll define the number of decimal spaces.
- Date - Allows you to select and date and time from a calendar selector
- Currency - For currency values. You’ll select the symbol when creating the field.
- Multiple Select - Can use to create a number of tags that you can select for an item. You can select more than one tag per item.
- Images - Allows you to upload additional images for your items
Managing Custom Fields
To manage your custom fields:
1. Click Actions > View custom fields
2. All of your custom fields display. On the bottom left you’ll see your total count of custom fields. If you need to edit a field or archive it, click the “...” in the Details column.
3. After clicking “Details” you can rename the field, and depending on the type make changes. In this example, you can add or remove options for the dropdown. Your changes save automatically. If you need to delete the field, click “Archive” on the top right.