If your POS is not yet integrated, you can still upload your sales data into WISK.
You can download the sales template on the WISK Web Portal and upload your sales for either:
- A period between two completed inventory counts
- A period between two specific dates
Note: If your POS provider is incapable of integrating with WISK, please send a copy of your sales/product mix in XLS or CSV format to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may be able to configure your sales file so you can upload it directly instead of transferring the data into our upload template.
Download the Sales Upload Template
You can download the sales upload template from either the Sales or Variance pages on the WISK Web Portal.
1. Click “Reports / Analytics”
3. Click on Actions > Upload Sales Manually
Note: You can also go to “Sales” > “Sales” and click “Upload sales manually”
4. Click the link to download the template. The file name is “WISK_Sales_Upload_TEMPLATE.xlsx”.
5. Copy your sales data into the template. The template has 4 columns you need to fill out: POS Code, Item Name, Quantity Sold, Net Sales.
- POS Code - the unique identifier code for the item in your POS system (if your POS does not use identifier codes, put the Item Name in this column as well)
- Item Name - the name of the item in the POS
- Quantity Sold - the quantity sold of the item in the sales report period. This number should include comped and discounted items as well.
- Net Sales - The net sales ($) for the item overall. (If there are commas in the number formatting, the sales will not upload properly)
Filled Template Example (with POS Codes)
Note: If your sales data does not have POS Codes, just paste the contents of the “Item Name” column into the “POS Code” column as well.
You can rename the file as needed, but make sure that it remains the XLSX file type.
Uploading Your Sales
When the template is filled out, you can then upload the sales:
1. Select the period for which you’ll be uploading the sales. You can choose either “Inventory Range” or “Date Range”.
- Inventory Range - You can select a period between any two completed inventories. By default, it shows your two most recent inventories. You can click on the “From” and “To” fields to set the range.
- Date Range - You can select from a range of time periods, or set a custom one.
Note: When you select a date range, it displays the period where the sales will be uploaded.
2. Click “Browse” and select the filled out template
3. After choosing the file, there are a few advanced options you can select:
- Keep existing sales for selected interval - If you have already uploaded sales data for the period, checking this will add the data in the file to the existing sales. If it is unchecked, the sales upload will overwrite all existing sales data for the period.
- The upload is for the secondary POS - If you have more than one POS, and one of them isn’t integrated with WISK, you can upload your sales for that POS this way. By selecting this box, it won’t overwrite the sales from your other POS.
Note: "The upload is for the secondary POS" is only visible if you have designated a secondary POS in your Venue Settings.
4. When ready, click “Upload”.
5. You’ll now be back on the “Variance” page. The sales data may take a moment to appear. If it does not, refresh your browser.
Note: If you upload the sales for a period and notice you forgot to include something, just add it to the template and re-upload it. Re-uploading the sales for a period overwrites the existing data (unless you check the “Keep existing sales for selected interval” box as detailed in Step 3 above).
If this is your first time uploading your sales, you will now have to add recipes to your sales items in the POS Items section. Learn more here:
Sales Upload Error
If you upload the sales template, and there is missing data, you’ll receive an error message with details on how to resolve the issue.
Check the file, and make the necessary changes, then re-upload the file.