My Bluetooth Scale Won't Connect!
The WISK Mobile App automatically connects to the following Bluetooth scales:
- Escali Smart Connect Bluetooth Kitchen Scale (Amazon.ca, Amazon.com)
- smartLAB Kitchen W Bluetooth Scale (Amazon.uk)
Just turn on the scale, and it is ready to use. You do not need to download the Escali or smartLAB apps to use the scale.
If you are having trouble getting the scale to connect, try the following:
Enable Bluetooth and Scale Connections
Step 1.1 - Check that your device's Bluetooth is enabled
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access the device's Settings
- Tap the Bluetooth icon to enable
- Swipe down to close the Settings
Step 1.2 - Check WISK Bluetooth App Permissions
- Open the iOS Device Settings
- Scroll down to and tap WISK
- Toggle Bluetooth to "On" on the Allow WISK to Access menu.
Step 2 - Check that "Use Scale" is On
You can check whether your device is set to use the scale on the Settings Menu or during an inventory.
2.1 Settings Menu
- Tap the Settings button
- Tap on the Use Scale button
- The scale is now enabled, and displays the current status
If the Use Scale button is toggled off, you won't be able to use the scale during an inventory. To use the scale:
- Tap the Options Button
- Tap Settings
- Tap the Use Scale button
- The scale is now enabled and displays the current status
STEP 3 - Turn on the Bluetooth Scale
When you turn on the scale, the app displays it is connected:
Reconnect Your Device
If you're still having trouble connecting, it is likely because your scale connected to another Bluetooth-enabled device first.
In this case, turn off your device's Bluetooth and turn off your Bluetooth scale (hold the Power button until it powers off). Then, turn both on simultaneously.
Note: Nearby devices can sometimes interfere by connecting to the scale first. In this case, temporarily disable the Bluetooth on those devices if possible, and try again.
Remove the Batteries from the Scale
If you have tried the steps above, and the scale still won't connect to your device, try removing the batteries from the compartment on the back of the scale.
Put the batteries back in, and turn the scale on.
If you are still unable to connect, please contact WISK Support.
Scale is Set to Oz
If you the app is connected to the scale, but the scale is set to oz, a message displays in the app.
The app won't register the weight if you place a bottle on the scale. Just tap the "Unit" button on the scale to change it to grams.